Early Years Educator – Room Assistant
TAFE Kids Inc. Childcare Centre
The centre is a Long Day Care Centre for children aged between 6 weeks and 6 years of age. The Centre operates Monday to Friday (7.30am to 6.00pm) and is open 51 weeks of the year. Ninety One (91) child care places are currently offered to TAFE students, staff and the general community on a full-time and part-time basis.
- Assist with the implementation of a quality child care program, taking into account the individual needs of each child.
- Assist the Director and the staff of the Centre in a professional manner which meets the requirements of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Education and Care Services Regulations (2010), Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010), Early Years Learning Framework and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre.
|Job Type||Casual / Ongoing|
|Closing Date||July 30, 2019|
The position reports to the Room Leader of the room to which the Early Years Educator Room Assistant is rostered.
- The primary responsibility of the Early Years Educator Room Assistant is the provision of high quality care for the children attending the Centre.
- The incumbent will assist with the implementation of a broad developmental program for children in the group, taking into consideration the needs of each individual child. The program will include a variety of structured activities, dealing with physical, cognitive, language, and social emotional skills.
- It is expected that all staff of the Centre will worki together as a team and tht the Centre will provide a safe, stimulating and welcoming enviroment for both children and parents.
Key ResponsibilitesAll educators are expected to have a working knowledge of these documents, which should underpin their pedagogy and together with the TAFE Kids Centre Philosophy, directly reflect their relationships with children, families and co-educators.
- Plan and implement a quality educational program
- Contribute to the effective management of the service
- Promote the health and safety of all staff and children
How to ApplyCandidates are always encouraged to apply for positions that match their particular skill set. When you are applying for a position at SuniTAFE you will need to supply the following information:
- A cover letter – tell us a bit about yourself and your experiences
- A current resume – demonstrating where you have worked and what you have done, be sure to include your professional references
- Copies of current qualifications – relating to the role you are applying for
- A document addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description
- For assistance addressing Key Selection Criteria please visit the how to apply page on the Victorian Government Careers website.
Please download the full position description here
Download Full Description