Teacher – Irrigation/Horticulture
Under the direction of the Business Manager-Industries, the teacher role delivers and assesses in the areas in which they hold formal qualifications and industry currency as detailed through an Annual Work Plan.
The position will be located at the Institute’s Mildura campus. Under supervision, the appointee will be required to contribute to planning, marketing, teaching and assessing Irrigation qualifications ranging from Certificate I through to Diploma level. The appointee will work closely with the Educational Business Manager – Industries and Education Business Unit colleagues to ensure these programs are structured around client demand in Mildura and the surrounding regions.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing Date||September 30, 2019|
- Teaching and Assessment
- Meeting Registered Training Organisations (RTO) Standards & Other Contractual Requirements
- Provision of Student Support
- Commercial Activities
- Act in accordance with SuniTAFE values – Customer Focus, Business Acumen, Integrity and Innovation
Education Training and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the area of teaching delivery essential to the position.
- Minimum of three years professional industry experience.
- Possession of the Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is essential, however suitably
- qualified professionals without the Certificate may be considered.
- Successful Working with Children Check and Criminal Record check is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in the delivery area at tertiary and higher education level is desirable.
- Ability to work with a diverse learner population is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency
- standards required.
- Highly developed organisation skills which provide the ability to deal with tight timelines and
- conflicting demands.
- Commitment to deliver high quality programs across a range of qualification levels.
How to ApplyCandidates are always encouraged to apply for positions that match their particular skill set. When you are applying for a position at SuniTAFE you will need to supply the following information:
- A cover letter – tell us a bit about yourself and your experiences
- A current resume – demonstrating where you have worked and what you have done, be sure to include your professional references
- Copies of current qualifications – relating to the role you are applying for
- A document addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description
- For assistance addressing Key Selection Criteria please visit the how to apply page on the Victorian Government Careers website.
Please download the full position description here
Download Full Description