Teacher - Nursing
The Nursing Program unit is one of eight Business Units in the Education Division of the Institute.
The position will be located at the Institute’s Swan Hill/Mildura campus. Under supervision, the appointee will be required to contribute to planning, marketing, teaching and assessing the Diploma of Nursing. The appointee will work closely with the Head of Discipline Nursing and Coordinator Nursing, and Nursing Unit colleagues to ensure these programs are structured around client demand in Swan Hill/Mildura and the surrounding regions.
|Closing Date||August 31, 2019|
Key ResponsibilititeThe position requires:
- Registered Nurse Division 1/ Current AHPRA registration.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications - Bachelor of Nursing or above.
- Minimum of three years professional industry experience.
- Possession of Certificate IV Training and Assessment TAE40116.
- Ability to work with a diverse learner population is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- Highly developed organisation skills which provide the ability to deal with tight timelines and conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in the delivery area at tertiary and higher education level is desirable.
- Current industry experience in clinical areas such as acute/medical/surgical nursing is highly advantageous.
How to ApplyCandidates are always encouraged to apply for positions that match their particular skill set. When you are applying for a position at SuniTAFE you will need to supply the following information:
- A cover letter – tell us a bit about yourself and your experiences
- A current resume – demonstrating where you have worked and what you have done, be sure to include your professional references
- Copies of current qualifications – relating to the role you are applying for
- A document addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description
- For assistance addressing Key Selection Criteria please visit the how to apply page on the Victorian Government Careers website.
All applications must be made by the position closing date and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download the full position description here
Download Full Description