General Finance Officer
A key focus of the role is reconciliation of Bank Accounts, Petty Cash, Cab Charges, Accounts Receivable invoicing, Accounts Payable processing, Corporate Card reconciliation monitoring and reconciliation of creditor statements. The follow up of institute staff in regards to any Financial Services item outstanding. The position will at times be required to assist with duties and responsibilities relevant to other positions within the finance department.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing Date||September 11, 2019|
- To assist the Finance team with day to day duties as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Complete tasks including but not limited to, Journal requests, Accounts Receivable Invoices Accounts Payable processing & Statement reconciliation of Creditors.
- Act as a contact point for Institute Management, staff, Debtors & Creditors allowing the department to provide an efficient and timely service.
- Act in accordance with SuniTAFE values – Customer Focus, Business Acumen, Integrity and Innovation.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A strong passion for finance is essential.
- Several years administration experience is essential, along with excellent customer service skills
- Effective self-management skills, including the ability to arrange workload priorities and work with minimal supervision.
- A working knowledge of computer database operation and accounting systems along with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access, knowledge of Technology One Finance (TOF) is desirable.
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with external customers.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
Key selection criteria
- A Diploma of Accounting, a related qualification or the willingness to achieve a Diploma of Accounting.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and administration skills exhibiting an eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of database operation and accounting systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access, knowledge of Technology One Finance (TOF) will be highly regarded.
How to ApplyCandidates are always encouraged to apply for positions that match their particular skill set. When you are applying for a position at SuniTAFE you will need to supply the following information:
- A cover letter – tell us a bit about yourself and your experiences
- A current resume – demonstrating where you have worked and what you have done, be sure to include your professional references
- Copies of current qualifications – relating to the role you are applying for
- A document addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description
- For assistance addressing Key Selection Criteria please visit the how to apply page on the Victorian Government Careers website.
Please download the full position description here
Download Full Description